Monday, October 15, 2007

Hello from Mom

Well it has been a funny weekend. We had NEOEA day on Friday so no school but everyone seemed to have plans. Sophie and Luke spent the day at Kalahari Water Park at Cedar Point with the Schleckmans, Jack went apple picking with a gang of middle schoolers - I am pretty sure that the key activity was "see and be seen" because I didn't see a single apple come home.

Dad has been out of town since Weds - and doesn't come home until late tonight. So it has been pretty low key around here. But we do miss him and can't wait to have him come home!

Sam took his driver's test on Friday - aced the manueverability but then failed to "yield" during the driver's portion which is an automatic - "you need to wait and take the test again next week". He was disappointed.

However, as we drove home and just got into Lakewood - the Lexus started driving really oddly. The RPMs were racing and speed dropping. Definitely feels like a transmission issue. I managed to creep it to the repair shop - they think it may only be some fluids - (Dad and Sam both mentioned to me after the fact that there has been liquid on the driveway under the car) So I am hoping for the best and most affordable repair.

Anyway - the reason I recite all this is because President Eyring's talk was my favorite at conference last week. He talked about "seeing God's hand in his life or the life of his children each day" and the need to recognize it and not take things for granted. I know that had Sam passed his test, I would have had him drop me off and let him go for the day with a full tank of gas. To have something mechanical like that happen to the car could really have been treacherous. So yes, to me, that was God's hand in our life that day. For which I am truly grateful. Sometimes it is the very small moments in life that do the most to strengthen my testimony.

This weekend was Stake Conference and we have a new Stake President - President Titera. He will be different than President Rice but we are very happy with the opportunities that lie ahead for the stake. Counselors didn't change so my life in YW should continue merrily along and I can keep working on my Nauvoo Youth Conference that I am really hoping will happen.

It has been great to be able to talk to Max frequently, and Sam and I had some great time together this weekend. A nice lunch on Friday after the car fiasco and an AWESOME time watching him run on Saturday evening. It was so great to cheer him on and watch him kick it up a notch as we screamed his name.

I love you all - You are the light of my life.
Love- Mom

No comments: