The tribe lost tonight big time - again... Very disappointing as I always hope this will be the season Cleveland gets a winner, but it was fun to be in the playoffs and exceed expectations.
It is really good to be home. The past few weeks have included a ton of travel and there is nothing like being in Lakewood with Lexi and the kids. I have been to San Antonio, Houston and Chicago in the past 10 days.
The weekend - had a great dinner with Mom on Friday night upon returning from Chicago. We ate at the Clifton diner down at the corner of Clifton and 117th. Saturday morning Luke and Sophie played soccer - Sophie had a goal and Luke was awesome. Luke didn't particularly like taking a solid ball kicked into his privates, but he got past it and went back into the game eventually. We then worked on the house and the yard all afternoon getting it ready for the Halloween parties, fall, etc. with pumpkins, cats, spiders, etc - Mom will have to put some pictures on the blog.
We saw Sam run in the district CC meet down at Edgewater. He had a great season, got his Varsity Letter and improved incredibly. I of course am hoping he trains in the off season because I know he can continue improving. It was really fun watching him this season. I'm sure he will get his license the next time around...
Jack is done with CC and had a really good season, running second on his team and is now ready for LHS next year. He played the trumpet in the marching band for the Middle School football game last week and both he and Luke sang the National Anthem with the Middle School choir to start the game. Unfortunately Garfield killed Harding, but it was a packed house - it is great to see Lakewood support the teams.
Mom is amazing - keeping the house running great, doing an awesome job as the stake YW Pres. and doing service several times a week for members of the ward. She is also my best friend - you boys will be so lucky to find a girl like mom someday!
I love you - Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment